Sunday, September 8, 2019

Keep Your Legs Working





I didn't have an exoskeleton. Years ago I did something similar. A brace was made for my right leg. It was a bar that came out of my shoe and went to my knee. A physical therapist (PT) and a PT aide helped me walk down a hall.

In the title of the video, the girl said she used her hip flexors. This goes back to a range of motion video I saw. A caregiver rolls the leg so the hip flexor doesn't freeze up.

Here is the range of motion video. It focuses on the lower extremities.



Range of motion is performed because "use it or lose it."

This paper centers on the lower extremities, which are needed for walking. There is upper extremity range of motion as well. Keep everything moving. You might need it later.


No comments:

Post a Comment