Thursday, July 7, 2016

In My Face



Neuroplasticity, rewiring the brain, happens. When one part of the brain stops working, another takes over.

It can be seen in my face. It didn't happen over-night. You can see a smile line around my mouth. That wasn't there the year before.





The exercises I did do a lot was the "pucker-smile", exercises #3 and #4. All of these exercises will help- http://braininjuryknow.blogspot.com/2010/11/oral-motor-exercises.html




It has been told to me, and others, that rewiring happens the first year after injury. Mine didn't. It came years later. My injury was 2002. Rewiring did NOT happen in the first year. The pictures are 12/12/2014 and 12/12/2015.

I did exercises daily for that long. Whether or not my smile returned, I did the exercises. I knew they helped my speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment